CHBV Optimizes Workstation Costs
- Compared to traditional equipment (hardware and software), the use of, for example, Raspberry Pi allowed for a 90% reduction in acquisition costs.
- RPi based workstation, with cost and energy consumption of about 80-90% less than previous equipment.
- RPi reduced and simplified the workstation’s hardware and OS, which improved security, reliability, and performance in accessing CHBV’s application ecosystem through EOW.
- Over 70% decrease in application maintenance and support costs. Without locally installed healthcare applications, it was possible to reduce and, in many cases, eliminate various topologies of tasks, incidents, and problems, particularly those that required travel for hardware and software updates or repairs.
- Over 50% increase in application performance and consequently professional productivity, thanks to the ability to execute applications with the computational capacity and proximity of CHBV’s data centers.
- With EOW, all business applications are now in a uniform and centralized computational environment, drastically reducing management costs and operationalizing anti-virus, anti-malware, and disaster recovery strategies.
- Centralized management of user access and permissions, while simultaneously maintaining control and security.
Reduction in life cycle costs
Estimated savings in 3 years per 1000 workstations